Thursday, April 18, 2013

Whatcha Doin'?

All my Yarny Stuffs have been on hiatus recently, or progessing only very slowly, since exams are looming.  Apparently all my professors have decided to make my project due dates all within a day or so of each other, in complete disregard for my hobbies, social life, or need for food and sleep...  :/

But I have been working on one item in particular for a while...I'd been spinning some beautiful muted green and purple merino at one of Batty Knits' craft nights, and a friend ooh'ed and aah'ed over it so much that I had to promise to knit it up for her:




The photo really doesn't do the colorway justice--it's coming out in a gorgeous muted stripe.  The pattern is #4 Eyelet Wrap from the Vogue Accessorize book, one I have used several times for scarves and shawls/stoles.

Eventually exams will be over, and I have a serious yen to use some of the Polwarth I spun a little while back on this.  I love the colorway she used here...



But I am still on a Yarn Diet and have a billion skeins of handspun to knit up before I am allowed to buy any more!



No comments:

Post a Comment