Friday, March 22, 2013

Scrap Yarn

If you're anything like me, you have 5,641 balls of scrap yarn cluttering up your yarn room.  I am loathe to just pitch yarn because...well, it's YARN!  So I started scrounging around to see what ideas I might be able to find on constructive ways to use up that last little bit of sock yarn, or the worsted left over from the pillow I made for Mum, or whatever...Just how many scrapghans can you make, really?  ;)


Even good ol' Red Heart has some cute ideas:

Mini Key Ring Purses


If you have a bit more than just a hundred yards or so, or maybe if you have some handspun that's gathering dust, check out this bag on the Kathryn Ivy blog...I love it!!

Simply Seamless Pouch



Indigo Muse Knits has a pattern for fortune cookies!





And I could NOT resist this Rav pattern by Saartje Knits:

Baby booties are even cuter when they come in a set of three. What a great gift this would make. And you could use up scrap yarn too. >> Saartje's Bootees by Saartje de Bruijn, free knitting pattern on Ravelry.



For the ecologically minded, you can save up all the tiny bits and pieces cut off after you finish weaving in the ends, and put them out for the birds building their nests this spring:


YARN BIRD FEEDER - This is so cool!!! Just add a couple of handfuls of yarn scraps to an inexpensive suet feeder and hang outside where the birds can find it. Then be on the lookout for birds nests in your neighborhood featuring your "building materials". So cool. I will have to do this. I have all kinds of scrap yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment